Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Til
      Participant

On http://www.fstopapp.com/tutorial/#imageViewer it states:”F-Stop’s deep scanning allows it to provide you with powerful features like sort by the actual date taken, instantly search tags and ratings, create albums and smart albums, etc.

How can I search for ratings? (Without search for ratings, rating images would not make much sense…)

Best regards
      Til

Goran

What exactly do you want to achieve?

If you open navigation drawer on the left side, there is “Ratings” entry. If you click that you can open images rated with 1 star, 2 stars ,etc.

Also, you can use ratings in Smart albums combined with other conditions.

Is there anything else you want to achieve?

Til
      Participant

I want to search for ratings. That means I want access the ratings data via the search feature.

Practical example: I return from a holiday trip to france with 600 fotos. I tagged and rated theem. I want to show the at least 3 star pictures to some family members. I want send the 5 star pictures with the tag landscape to a friend. I want to show the at least 2 star pictures with the tag beach to another friend. i want to show the at least 4 star pictures with the tag paris to my colleagues. And so on…

In all of that cases I still need the the full feeedom of sorting the fotos in chronological order. That is why first search for the tah and then sorting by rating is no option.

I totally refuse to create numerous temporary smart albums for each case. That is what a search is intended for.

It is as simple as that: The search function needs some syntax for ratings (and the favourite heart as well). Something like *=1 *=2 *>3 *>=2 *3-5.

Til
      Participant

Can some of the fstop developers reply to this topic?

I took an effort to collect some related forum topics. All point into a direction that users have a need for a more powerful search syntax. Are you working on this?

Search syntax for ratings:

Minus or Not operator in search:

Search syntax for a part of the date:

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.